Trauma Healing Center, Inc. at a Glance
The Trauma Healing Center is a joint outreach of several ministries in the Johnson County area. Our mission is to be a Connection Point for individuals, ministries and not for profits, and governmental agencies by providing:
* access to a network of resources
* crisis response,
* research-based counseling services
* biblically-based prayer ministry, and
* education and training.
The services described below will be launched with the opening of the Trauma Healing Center.
Trauma comes in many different forms. Some may be dealing with the recent loss of a loved one, maybe a house fire or car accident, a recent diagnosis of terminal illness, or even the sudden loss of employment. While others may be working through trauma from the past such as childhood abuse, witnessing violence, or the confusing dynamics of a dysfunctional family of origin.
Whatever the trauma, our desire is to connect those dealing with painful circumstances with services that best match their needs for healing and recovery. Our services will include both in-house services and access to a network of organizations that provide services to assist individuals in the many challenges faced while recovering from both a past and a current a traumatic event.
Our programs will be designed to equip individuals with resources needed to:
* heal from hurts and wounds and
* improve their quality of life.
Assessment & Referral
Help in the Journey
After completing a Personal Assessment, we will make recommendations to programs within the community which provide:
* Education: for topics such as mental illness, spiritual warfare, and basic life skills
* Restoration services: counseling, prayer ministry, and psychiatry services
* Community support: crisis response, training, support groups, and community events
* Re-integration services: residential, mentoring programs, and wraparound care
Healing in Community
We believe in the importance of healing within a community. God designed us for relationship with others. Our group events such as:
* Open House Days: access to the Scripture Garden and Library
* Safe Services: group worship and ministry in a trauma-informed setting
* Education and Support Groups
will allow survivors, leaders, and support people to connect and encourage one another.
Supporting our Community
We desire to connect organizations in the community with resources to assist them in meeting their goals. To assist other organizations in working with their population, we will offer their employees and volunteers:
* Training and education: on research-based approaches, trauma-informed care, and spiritual growth
* Wellness/Self-Care days/retreats
* Materials to distribute to clientele
Safe Harbors KC
Resources for the Severely Wounded
Within our community we have a high percentage of those who have experienced severe trauma and abuse. Their needs for healing and restoration are often unique and require specialized training. We are developing a list of organizations locally and abroad who can provide trauma-informed care to these individuals.
Supporting people in the pursuit of healing using solid biblical principles, research-based interventions, and connection to community resources.
Contact Trauma Healing Center, Inc.
1548 E Spruce, Olathe, KS 66061