Christian Leaders in our community tend to the spiritual needs of those searching for truth and healing. Whether you are a church leader, life group leader, biblical counselor, or prayer minister, we have resources for you. The resources you find below will be focused on:
implementing self-care and personal growth to avoid burnout and
incorporating trauma sensitive approaches with the people in your care.
Below you will see pictures from a monthly event call Family Table hosted by Building Bridges. This event creates a space for Christian Leaders from across the Kansas City Metro area to meet, offer encouragement, and build valuable relationships with other leaders.
Special thanks to Building Bridges for allowing us to use pictures from their Family Tables! Check out more about Family Tables HERE!
Resources for Christian Leaders
The Trauma Healing Center offers free training for you and your staff. Our trainings use solid biblical principles and research-based interventions to equip you to avoid burnout and to better assist the people in your care.
Contact our Executive Director, Melissa Finger, for a list of trainings we offer.
There are many Podcasts developed to help Christians lead well and personally grow in their faith. Here are a few of our favorites!
* On The Trail Podcast by Deeper Walk International
* Joy Valley - here you can learn about many of the great healing ministries in the Kansas City area
* Bob Goff
There are thousands of excellent books for Christian leaders to read which will improve your organization, help you develop personally, and give you vision for the future. The big problem is picking one to read! So here are a few good reads to get you started!
* Rare Leadership by Marcus Warner and Jim Wilder " Healthy teams begin with healthy leaders, and at the heart of this dynamic is emotional maturity—the quality the greatest leaders possess.
Combining solid theology, cutting-edge brain science, and decades of counseling and consulting experience, Rare Leadership shows you how to take your leadership and team to the next level."
* Trauma Coping System by Melissa Finger will help you understand the adults in your care who are struggling to overcome childhood abuse and trauma. This book describes God's design for children to cope with the unthinkable, as well as, His design for healing and wholeness.
* Building Bounce by Marcus Warner and Stefanie Hinman explains the theory behind growing emotional resilience and provides practical tools you can use in a variety of settings. This is something we all need.
* Hope in the Dark by Craig Groeschel will inspire you to embrace all that God is doing in your life and in your ministry. It will give you some very practical tools for walking through the difficult phases of life while pointing you to Jesus all the way!
* How To Worship a King by Zach Neese "unfolds a holistic view of worship so that you can experience peace, joy, and the richness of living in God's presence."
Finding websites with valuable resources for you and your community can be challenging. Here are just a few of the websites that come highly recommended to us for you!
* Open Network at Life.Church offers FREE resources for your church
* Deeper Walk International offers a certification in biblical counseling, books, webinars, and other resources to enhance the effectiveness of your ministry
* Lydia Discipleship Ministries offers many books and training materials for helping those who are wounded come to healing in Christ
Prayers for Christian Leaders
Below you will find a collection of prayers from various websites, books, and organizations. (Disclaimer: Recommending these prayers is not an indication that the Trauma Healing Center agrees with everything published by the original author of the prayer, but we have found these specific prayers to be helpful. Please proceed with caution.)
Preparation for Counseling
It is important to make sure you have prayed and invited the Lord into your own mind and space prior to meeting with someone for counseling or prayer. This prayer can be helpful to align your heart and mind with the Lord. This prayer is just a framework for preparation. You should consider incorporating your own thoughts, concerns, and desires as you speak with your Heavenly Father.
Opening a Counseling Session
As a Christian Leader, it is a good idea to open your time meeting with someone in prayer. This sets each participant's mind on the Lord and openly makes a statement to the enemy that God is leading the time. This prayer is just a framework for opening your time together. Consider including specific details about the purpose of your meeting and specific gratitudes for what the Lord is doing.
Closing a Counseling Session
It can be difficulty for someone to leave the space of safety you have created for them in your time together. While the Holy Spirit goes with them when they leave, that is not always on their mind as they are walking out the door. Closing your time together in prayer is a great way to remind everyone (including you) that the Lord is the one doing the work. He is always with us, and he will continue to protect and heal.
Spiritual Warfare Basics
What Every Believer Should Know About Spiritual Warfare by Marcus Warner is an excellent introduction to spiritual warfare principles. If you are new to praying in this way, this book is a great place to start. You can also visit their website for more great resources.
The Steps to Freedom in Christ
This book by Neil T. Anderson provides many prayers for repentance and for forgiving others. It contains check lists and explanations that are both simple and thorough for each area of prayer. Individuals can experience a great deal of freedom going through this book with a support person.
Restoration in Christ Ministries
Restoration in Christ Ministries has many prayers that are free to download. This ministry focuses on healing for individuals who have experienced ritual abuse, but there are many prayers that are applicable for every person. You can find a prayer for Generational Inheritances and Breaking Ungodly Relationship Bonds at this site.
Support for Christian Leaders
Being a leader in our community is hard, but you don't have to do it alone. As a leader, you may find a time when you need someone outside of your organization to talk to. Friends and family can be a great personal support, but sometimes you need more. Below are a few options for healing, restoration, and community for you and your family.
Resources for the People in Your Care
To find resources to pass along to the people in your care, please visit our Community Resource page.